The Plankton Toolbox is a free tool for aquatic scientists, and others, working with environmental monitoring related to phyto- and zooplankton. It is available for MacOS and Windows. A Linux verion will produced upon request.
- Imports phyto- or zooplankton data in .txt and .xlsx files in different formats (configurable)
- Work with data on abundance, biovolume and carbon content
- Data screening - quality control of data
- Aggregate data, e.g. from species level to class level
- Plotting tools
- Statistics (in early development)
- Export data in .txt or .xlsx for further analyses or plotting
- Plankton counter - use the PlanktonToolbox as a counting tool by the microscope
The software is available as version 1.2.0 for Windows and for MacOS.
Update 21 December 2016
Version 1.2.1 for Windows is available
Version 1.2.1 for Mac is available.
Notes for Mac users:
Place the folder "toolbox_data" in your home folder, e.g. in "Mike".
You will get a warning the first time you start the software. Go to Settings -> Security and allow Plankton Toolbox to start. You need to do this only once.
- Plankton Toolbox version 1.2.0 and users guide 1.2.0
- Plankton Toolbox 1.1.1 and Plankton toolbox User's guide version 1
- Plankton Toolbox older version