The Plankton Toolbox is a free tool for aquatic scientists, and others, working with environmental monitoring related to phyto- and zooplankton. It is available for MacOS and Windows. A Linux verion will produced upon request.
- Imports phyto- or zooplankton data in .txt and .xlsx files in different formats (configurable)
- Work with data on abundance, biovolume and carbon content
- Data screening - quality control of data
- Aggregate data, e.g. from species level to class level
- Plotting tools
- Statistics (in early development)
- Export data in .txt or .xlsx for further analyses or plotting
- Plankton counter - use the PlanktonToolbox as a counting tool by the microscope
The software is available as version 1.2.0 for Windows and for MacOS.
Update 15 November 2016
Version 1.2.0 for Mac is available
Version 1.2.0 for Windows is available