The Plankton Toolbox is a free tool for aquatic scientists, and others, working with environmental monitoring related to phyto- and zooplankton. It is available for MacOS and Windows. A Linux verion will produced upon request.
- Imports phyto- or zooplankton data in .txt and .xlsx files in different formats (configurable)
- Work with data on abundance, biovolume and carbon content
- Data screening - quality control of data
- Aggregate data, e.g. from species level to class level
- Plotting tools
- Statistics (in early development)
- Export data in .txt or .xlsx for further analyses or plotting
- Plankton counter - use the PlanktonToolbox as a counting tool by the microscope
The software is available as version 1.1.1 for Windows and soon also for MacOS.
Update 7 December 2015
Version 1.1.1 for Mac is available
Update 3 December 2015
Version 1.1.1 for Windows is available